How Model Teachers Model Digital Citizenship
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
A one time assembly about digital citizenship is not enough. So, Susan Bearden believes digital citizenship should be reinforced daily with kids. In light of how much work we have to do in schools, this whole-school approach brings out so many questions! How do you bring everyone together to understand digital citizenship? What is the role of schools, parents, and faculty? In today’s show, digital citizenship expert, Susan Bearden tackles these questions and more. Moreover, she helps us figure out where to start if we’re not already doing this in our school today.
Today’s Sponsor: NetSmartz
- What are the most common mistakes schools make about digital citizenship?
- Whose responsibility is teaching digital citizenship?
- How do we change student behavior?
- How to educators deal with the drama that can accompany digital citizenship conversations?
- What are some ways to deal with volatile issues without having to confront them head on?
- Why do educators need to talk to kids to understand their social media world?
- How do you make time for digital citizenship when you’re not a technology teacher?
- What do we say when parents are angry about what schools should be teaching about digital citizenship?
- Where should educators start when they know nothing about digital citizenship education?
Susan M. Bearden is the co-moderator of #edtechchat, cohost of edTechChat Radio and creator of @tweechmeApp. She is the author of Digital Citizenship: A Community-Based Approach, a speaker, frequent guest blogger, and a contributing author to the Huffington Post, she was ranked #9 on their list of “The 50 Most Social CIOs on Twitter.”
The post A Getting Started Guide to Digital Citizenship Education appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!
from Cool Cat Teacher BlogCool Cat Teacher Blog http://www.coolcatteacher.com/effective-digital-citizenship-education-schools/