Episode 54 of the 10-Minute Teacher with Vicki Davis
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
Today I am sharing some of the classroom procedures that make my computer lab hum. I’ve got some wordless ways for knowing who needs help and how I reboot my classroom as just a few tips. I hope these help some of you who may be struggling with flow. And guess when the best time to try new procedures is? RIGHT AFTER you have the standardized tests, for sure. At the bottom of this post, get my classroom management template pack by signing up for my newsletter.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
In today’s show, we’ll discuss:
- Simple wordless ways for knowing when students need help
- Essentials for starting class effectively
- How to reboot a classroom that isn’t following procedures
- Some favorite books on classroom management
- A simple tool to help reinforce procedures
I hope you enjoy this episode with me!!
Selected Links from this Episode
- The First Days of School: How to Be a More Effective Teacher by Harry Wong and Rosemary Wong
- The Classroom Management Book by Harry Wong and Rosemary Wong
- Get the station cards at the bottom of this email
- Powerschool Learning
- 5 Effective Blended Learning Best Practices for how I run the online classroom
- Fred Jones’ Tools for Teachers
- Angela Watson
You can see my full bio here.
The post 8 Tips for Better Classroom Procedures (in a STEAM Lab) appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!
from Cool Cat Teacher BlogCool Cat Teacher Blog http://www.coolcatteacher.com/8-tips-better-classroom-procedures-steam-lab/